Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What have I done?

We all need goals in life, something to aim for to keep us reaching forward to the next chapter. So congratulations to Ellen MacArthur, for having ambitions and the guts to acheive them. If you haven't heard, the yachtswoman sailed home yesterday having broken the world record for the fastest solo, non-stop circumnavigation of the globe. She's already got her sights on the next record to smash.

Makes you feel a bit inadequate, doesn't it? So, seeking inspiration, I decided to list my greatest acheivements. Carefully considered, they are as follows:

♠ I've got a first class degree
♣ Philip Schofield once read out a letter I wrote on Going live!
♠ I came fourth in a national poetry competition... twice
♣ I've touched Bryan Adams' arm... did I say that out loud?
♠ I'm a member of Mensa

From this you can conclude that I'm an intelligent poet with questionable taste in music, which is as close or far from the truth as I choose in any given minute. Today, I'm feeling more prosaic.

No comments: