Friday, January 28, 2005

Sing when you're winning

Yesterday's post has become a landmark in my short blogging career, as it received my very first comment. I have been told, in no uncertain terms, to, "Get off your butt!", which is very good advice. So good, in fact, that I've taken it. I write this entry not from the eternal comfort of my magnolia room, but from a train. A very busy train. My stop is coming up shortly so I have no doubt that I'll finish the post from another location, but this is where it started, on the 18:03 from Oxford to The North.

The reason for this journey is to pay homage to my football team (or soccer if you're that way inclined) whilst also indulging my parents in their wish to see me every now and then. But it's mainly about the football. Giddy from a five nil win earlier in the week, the prospect of spending a bitter January afternoon standing on the terraces has never been more appealing, especially now we have a roof. A roof! They'll be putting seats in soon, heated seats, with soft cushions and a stash of complimentary peanuts.... To be fair, we've had a roof for a while - it's just the away fans that get soaked to the skin. Cue the singing: "We're so dry it's unbelievable!" Really, I heard that once.

No comments: